Today Ophrah Lesson: Lerning to Love Them That Kill UsMay 28th, 2005 at 2:30 pm by Preston Taylor Holmes
The queen of daytime psychobabble and heroine to millions of comatose middle-aged sycophantic women has finally been exposed as an islamofascist sympathizer in a recent column by Debbie Schlussel titled “Oprah: Daytime Talkâ€™s Jihadi Sister”.
When she’s not busy playing grab-ass with Dr. Phil, Oprah is doing her best to whitewash radical islam and its centuries of global crimes against humanity, not the least of which was the slaughter of 3,000 Americans on 9/11. Schlussel:
Last month, Oprahâ€™s â€œOâ€? asked readers to understand â€œThe Heart of a Destroyer,â€? Mohammed Atta. You remember himâ€”the Al-Qaeda ringleader of the 9/11 hijackers who murdered 3,000 Americans.
But thatâ€™s not exactly the way â€œOâ€?â€™s â€œreading roomâ€? wants you to remember him.
Beneath a picture of young Mohammed and his smiling sister on the Egyptian beach, â€œOâ€? exhorts you to read a book that â€œsets out to understand the hearts and minds of the men behind the photosâ€? of the 9/11 hijackers, a group of â€œlonely, exiled young men.â€?
But the fatherless and motherless children who lost their parents to Attaâ€”they arenâ€™t lonely, are they?
The book, â€œOâ€? tells us, â€œis a simultaneously passionate, compassionate, and dispassionate book that [doesnâ€™t] indict Islam.â€? Just what we needâ€”the CEO of the Oprah Book Club urging Americaâ€™s women to have compassion for Mohammed Atta.
If “understanding Atta” isn’t enough to make you vomit violently out your nose and mouth, this month’s “Oh” Magazine features the tragic tale of a young would-be Palestinian suicide bomber and how she suffered a broken heart.
But in Oprahâ€™s world, Muslims arenâ€™t terrorists, and terrorists arenâ€™t Muslim (more on that, below). Instead, â€œOâ€? calls Akad â€œa charismatic and young rebel.â€? â€œOâ€? describes the cold-blooded, hateful Abdu and Akad as â€œa Shakespearean tragedy.â€? Yes, in Oprahâ€™s world, Islamic terrorists arenâ€™t terrorists. Theyâ€™re James Deans, Romeos, and Juliets.
Oprah’s vapid daytime Cavalcade of Drivel seems like a pretty innocuous parade of estrogen-laden nitwittery until you read some of the Queen’s presentations on her deranged interpretation of radical islam.
- A post-9/11 â€œIslam 101â€? show â€”a pandering presentation featuring Jordanian Queen Rania Al-Abdullah. Rania claimed she doesnâ€™t have to wear a hijab head-covering and that honor-killings of raped women doesnâ€™t really happen in her country. Of course it doesnâ€™t, since â€œher countryâ€? is a swanky Fifth Avenue New York apartment in the US, where she mostly lives.
- A September 2004 show, discussing the terrorist massacre of children in Beslan, Russia, on which Oprah banned the use of the word Islamic, saying the terrorists â€œcame from the mountains.â€? (Okay, so they were Mountainese terrorists, not Islamic ones.) Oprah stated that the Beslan massacre was â€œa watershed because terrorists never before killed children.â€? Remember those murdered Jewish kids in Maâ€™alot (and throughout Israel) by the DFLP? Iâ€™m sure theyâ€™d disagree with the â€œQueen of Daytime Talk.â€? If they were still around.
- An episode on which a guest claimed Jews practice ritual sacrifices of babies. Oprah: â€œI want to make it clear that this is one Jewish person, so donâ€™t go around now, saying to people, you know, â€˜Those Jewish people, theyâ€™re worshipping . . . .â€™ This is the first time I heard of any Jewish people sacrificing babies, but anyway â€“ so you witnessed the sacrifice?â€?
- Ignoring the mass-murder, rape, torture, and slavery of Black Christians by Sudanâ€™s Arab Muslim government, despite repeatedly teasing a group of Colorado children (who bought some Black Christian slavesâ€™ freedom) that theyâ€™d be on her show. She told them the issue was â€œtoo complicated.â€?
- Refusing President Bushâ€™s invitation to serve our country by touring Afghani girlsâ€™ schools on his behalf. The normally vocal Oprah had â€œThe Viewâ€™sâ€? Star Jones speak on her behalf, saying the Bush White House â€œusedâ€? her.
- Repeated fundraising for â€œWomen to Women, International,â€? a Muslim womenâ€™s charity that claims it stops honor killings, but whose spokeswoman denies that honor killings have anything to do with Islam. Right.
Kudos to Schulssel for having the stones to take on one of the media’s sacred cows – and I do mean sacred cows. Speaking of Schlussel, rumor has it that she will be blogging in the very near future, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
Cross-posted at Conservative Thinking
Speaking of islamofascism – check out Rusty’s Kavalkade of Krapping on the Koran. Now this is a “movement” I can get behind.